Pages

Friday, February 8, 2019

The Tire Mistake

This morning I was reminded of an incident twenty some years ago.  I had just gotten a new car, pulled into a driveway to soon and to fast and suddenly heard a huge pop.  I pulled over and got out to find I had totally destroyed the tire. I was scared. My mind raced at what I was going to do. Do I admit my mistake now or wait until it is found out? I found that in a short period of time the guilt and horrible feelings I felt about myself became increasingly worse.
MISTAKES... they happen because it’s part of life, to help us learn and be able to grow.  Thankfully we are given the repentance process to be able to lose that guilt and awful feelings associated with it. Sometimes the little mistakes eat at you the most.  This is when we need to remember that when we admit our mistakes, ask for forgiveness and move on with lesson learned is far better than beating ourselves up. Don’t let mistakes “tire” you physically, spiritually and emotionally.  The power of repentance will re’tire’ those ugly feelings and make you whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment