Pages

Friday, February 15, 2019

Does the Shoe Realy Fit.?

My family teases me about my shoes.  I do love a cute pair of shoes and who doesn't! One time  I found a killer shoe clearance and purchased not one but two pairs of adorable shoes for $5 each.  I was in HEAVEN!!
When I tried on the gold ones my normal size was too big so I went a 1/2 size smaller, they also have a little bit higher heal than I had worn in along time and the strap around the ankle was a bit constraining, but I didn’t care. They were cute so I told myself I would get used to it.  They give me a few inches of height and I need all I can get.  I wore them to church and they were adorable and I did just fine.
Fast forward a few days.....
Of course if you have cute new shoes you need to wear them to work.  I pulled up to work.  Parked my car and was rushing to the bathroom (it is a long drive and I drank a lot of water that morning), when BOOM!!  I guess the parking lot figured it needed a hug.  I jumped up and quickly made it to the bathroom.  While trying to keep my hand from bleeding all over the floor the back of my dress falls in the toilet.  
Can this day get any worse??
I pull myself together. Found a bandaid and got to work.  Lunch time rolls around.  Well my lunch now consisted of smashed chips and a pancake looking sandwich.  Luckily, it still tasted the same.  As I left work, I headed down the stairs, but missed the first step and down I tumbled.  Of course someone was right behind me and witnessed the whole ordeal.  I'm pretty sure I made the highlight reel of the security camera, not just once by twice for that day.  Thankfully, other than my pride I was not seriously injured.  Just some large scrapes, bruises and was a bit sore.  Do I blame the shoes?  Maybe...Should I really have bought the shoes knowing they did not fit perfectly just because they were adorable and a super great price?  

This got me thinking of how often do we try to "FIT IN" just because we are told that is what we should do?  Even as adults we still face the "peer pressure".  The pressure to attend parties, quit drinking soda, cook dinner every night, plan meals, coupon shop, dress nicely, participate in every activity and the list goes on and on. 

 For example a group of friends gets together quite often and they invite you to go.  You really don't want to go, but feel the pressure to participate.  Now you are faced with the decision of going and being miserable or dealing with the fact that you may not get invited again. 
"Stop. Think. What do you really want to do here?
  Do that. And be okay with it.
As a single middle aged woman I feel the pressure of watching the women who get the guys attention and wondering do I need to fit in that mold in order to be successful in that area in my life, because most of the time I just feel like I am failing.  Then I take a second look and think about those adorable gold shoes.  Even though I knew that those shoes were not the right fit, I was still focusing time and effort in trying to "FIT IN" them.  It turned out to be a miserable and painful journey.  Just because someone else can fit in those "gold shoes" doesn't make them better than me and because I can't it doesn't make me less of a person.  This can be applied to all areas of  life.  Quit trying to just FIT IN..you will be miserable.  Be YOU..the unique, amazing and incredible person that you are! Don't care what others think or do.
 FOLLOW YOUR HEART, 
BE THE BEST YOU 
and 
HAPPINESS WILL FIND YOU!!
I love this quote and it should be my new motto:
“You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.” 
― Mandy HaleThe Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sas


Yes,  today I need to take my own advice!



No comments:

Post a Comment