Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The New Normal

     When we rang in the year 2020 who would of thought just a short while later a microscopic virus would rage war on the whole world.  Suddenly the words pandemic, quarantine and social distancing become the trend.  Toilet paper and hand sanitizer become highly sought after commodities. Space was rearranged and set up to accommodate working and schooling from home. Sporting events, concerts, church, parties, vacations and other social activities cancelled.  Suddenly, almost without warning our lives changed in many ways.  A simple task of running to the store or eating out needs to be thought out and planned a bit more to not only protect you, but those you might come in contact with.  When we do have to go in public the six foot distance rule is in the front of our minds and who would of ever thought that wearing a mask into a bank or a store would be considered the polite thing to do.  In amongst all of this comes fear, stress, anxiety and uncertainty.
      

Fact is the past month lots of things have changed. I went from wondering how I could accomplish everything that was on my schedule to having it wiped clean. I do and will miss the things that were there, but I do not miss the stress that was associated with many of them. My mornings are calm and peaceful instead of frantic and frustrating.  I went from worrying about how my kids would handle quarantine life to watching them thrive.

Recently, a friend and I were talking about it and made the comment that even when this is over the world will never be the same.  I have been thinking about that statement and I realized I hope that when we win this war on COVID-19 that we as a world are not the same:
  •  I hope we continue to support the small businesses and show extra appreciation to our teachers and healthcare workers. To not take our own jobs or employees for granted and treat all workers with courtesy, patience and respect.
  • I hope that we will appreciate and properly care for our parks, trails, libraries and other public amenities.
  • I hope that we continue to check on our neighbors, family and friends and help someone we don't know. That we will continue to pull together in our communities to fulfill needs of individuals. That little surprises left on doorsteps will become a tradition.
These are just a few of my wishes. Most of all I hope that we look out for one another, treat all with respect.  That as a whole we will be kinder, non judgmental and that there is more love in the world. 
My prayer is that when we look back on this time we will see the good things and that those will continue on.

Stay Safe
Tiffanee
  






No comments:

Post a Comment