Pages

Sunday, April 9, 2023

The Beauty of the Empty Tomb

Last fall I got on my hands and knees and crawled through a small opening into a cave.  The cave, though spacious once you got in was damp, cold, and the darkness almost consumed you.  It was a very cool experience, but the emptiness I felt while in there was real.  

This Easter season I’ve thought a lot about the tomb that they laid Jesus’s body in. Those friends that prepared and carefully carried his body there and made sure it was secured. I imagine the darkness, heaviness, grief  and emptiness they felt as they walked away from that tomb.  I understand Mary Magdalene visiting the tomb 3 days later wanting to care for the body and the shock and grief she felt only to find the tomb empty.  

That emptiness turned out to change life for all of us. That empty tomb, would mean that Jesus had conquered death and rose again. “He lives” and because of him we too will live again.  How beautiful and symbolic that empty tomb became. Death is not the end, because of him we will live again and the glorious thing of seeing our loved ones again.  

As I climbed out of the cave that day, I could see the sun was shining, everything around me was glorious and beautiful. I stood there with people that I love, the emptiness I had felt was gone . I imagine this is how the world suddenly looked to Mary Magdalene as Jesus appeared to her that first Easter Day.  It gives me new perspective on how beautiful that reunion with our loved ones will be.  

“ Because of Him, everyone will live again. If we follow Christ, we can find true happiness on earth and look forward to eternal joy in the life to come.”
I  know "He Lives"!
Enjoy, the beauty of the resurrection and sacrifice Jesus did for us not only this Easter, but each and every day.  

XOXO

Tiffanee 



No comments:

Post a Comment